Sunday, January 10, 2010

The art of reading

I am a lover of a good book and like most lovers I am quite particular about what makes a good book. I'm not very good with book clubs or timetables but I do always seem to have a book to read and when I am done I like to share my thoughts about it. I am not an English major and more often than not favor a psychological scrutinization of literature. A good book makes me think, makes me evaluate life and people, and often makes me look at life and people differently after reading it. A good book can also be fun and entertaining but still steps beyond the superficial feeling of a weeknight sitcom and has depth and structure that makes you think wow and admire the artist who created it. And so I start this record of the books I read and my thoughts about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment